Posted by: Uncle Valera
Good day, dear friend!
Actually, the calculation of options is what chess players mainly do during the game. The book Chess Tactics Calculation Technique - reveals this important, key aspect of game skill.
Name: Chess tactics. Calculation Technique
Going to print: 2012, Russian Chess House / Russian Chess House
Volume 264 pages
What is this book about?
This book does not contain the usual classification of combination techniques and typical examples.
It will be about all the basic aspects of such important components of the game as the technique of calculating options, the development of tactical skill.
Probably, there is no chess player in the world who, time after time, did not fail because:
- Lost sight of a tactical strike from an opponent
- I couldn’t take the opportunity to deliver a tactical strike myself
- Just lost to the opponent in the skill of calculating options
I believe that in chess everything rests on tactics
Possibly categorically, however, any flawless concept may turn out to be hopelessly corrupted by incorrect calculations, not to mention yawns.
The positional concessions can still be somehow corrected. Tactical miscalculations can lead to an immediate loss.
Hence the conclusion: tactical skill and calculation of options are two key global facts that affect the outcome of the game.
Valery Ilyich Beym (born 1950) - Austrian chess player and chess coach, grandmaster.
Coach and chess writer.
He is the author of books: “Chess Dynamics”, “Chess Recipes from the Grandmaster’s Kitchen”, “A Modern Look at the Work of Paul Morphy”, “Enigma of Chess Intuition” and some others.
Fisher - Naydorf
An analysis of this position determines that for fastening the advantage white needs to organize a quick attack on the black king, who is stuck in the center. After a little thought, we plan to play 1. Le1 and consider seven possible candidate moves that Black can choose: 1) 1 ... Rg8, 2) 1 ... e6, 3) 1 ... h5, 4) 1 ... Kd7, 5) 1 ... C : g2, 6) 1 ... dc and 7) 1 ... e5.
Seven candidate moves! This, of course, is a lot, in fact, there are three or four of them in the parties. But you need to be prepared for a long calculation.
The order in which we wrote down the candidate moves is arbitrary, it can be any, depending on the desire of the player. Now option after option follows all the possibilities:
- 1 ... Rg8 2. L: e4! de 3. Qh5 Rg7 (3 ... Rg6 4. F: h7) 4. Kf5 + -,
- 1 ... e6 2. Qh5 (threatens 3. K: e6) 2 ... Cg6 3. Q: d5 Q: d5 4. C: d5 La7 5. Cf4 Rd7 6. K: e6 fe 7. C: e6 Qc6 8. Las1 + -,
- 1 ... h5 2. L: e4 de 3. Qb3 Q: d4 4. Ce3 + -,
- 1 ... Kd7 2. Nc6 Fs7 3. C: d5 + -,
- 1 ... C: g2 2. Kp: g2 dc 3. Qf3 Kd7 4. Kf5 Rg8 + 5. Kphl e5 (5 ... e6 6. L: e6 + and 7. Qh5 #) 6. Ce3 + -, since the black king is stuck in the center ,
- 1 ... dc 2. L: e4 Фd5 3. Фf3 + -,
- 1 ... e5 2. Qa4 + Kd7 (2 ... Qd7 3. Bb5!) 3. L: e4 de 4. Kf5 Cc5 5. Kg7 + Kre7 6. Kf5 + Ke8 7. Ce3 C: e3 8. fe Qb6 9. Rd1 La7 10. Rd6! Qd8 11. Qb3 Qc7 12.C: f7 + Kd8 13.Ce6. Black surrendered. This option happened in the party.
We considered seven difficult options and at the same time did not rush from one to another. To better imagine the whole process of calculation, imagine it in the form of a tree, where at the base we choose 1. Le1, and seven options are seven branches branching further into small branches. We will call this scheme “calculation tree”.
The rule for calculating options that we formulated earlier can now be represented in a different way using the “calculation tree”. When counting options, never “run” from one branch to another. "Run" one - immediately go to the second. And so on until the end. Never go back to an already explored branch!
Can white play 1. L: g7? Calculate the options that have arisen after this move.
Rate the position and find the strongest continuation. Calculate also options after 1. ed
White want to go 1. Ce2. What options need to be calculated?
White just took an elephant to g6. Confirm the correctness of their calculation options.
The book has two main sections:
- Chess Tactics
- Technique for calculating options
The second section is the most informative. Important issues such as:
- Choice of move in obscure positions
- When to break the calculation?
- Phased calculation
- Resulting moves
- How to develop counting abilities.
And a number of other aspects. At the end of each section of the exercise, at the end of the book - decisions.
In order to convey as much as possible to the reader within a limited volume, the author gives mainly fragments of parties, and only occasionally their whole.
A distinctive feature of the book is a rather significant amount of original judgments, conclusions and recommendations.
Of course, they are subjective, but they are undoubtedly interesting and deserve close attention and study by chess players of the most varied level of training.
Buy a book on Ozon
Download the book in djvu format
Thank you for your interest in the article.
If you find it useful, do the following:
- Share with your friends by clicking on the buttons of social networks.
- Write a comment (at the bottom of the page)
- Subscribe to blog updates (the form under the buttons of social networks) and receive articles to your inbox.