Often, novice users have the problem of how to properly configure the Internet on Linux. And this is not surprising, because this universal platform, in addition to its advantages, has a number of nuances that are definitely worth considering. Moreover, setting up the Internet on Linux and setting up the Internet in ubuntu is carried out by various methods. In addition, various side effects may occur during this process, which also require a peculiar solution. In order to subsequently avoid any bad consequences, you should analyze the common mistakes when setting up the Internet on Linux.
Linux Internet Setup
Before talking about setting up the Internet in ubuntu and considering the reasons for the slow Internet ubuntu, the lack of linux mint connection to the Internet, and the fact that the Internet does not work in ubuntu, you need to understand the main fatal errors when working with such platforms:
- Using external software files, as well as randomly updating them, can lead to a malfunction of the operating system, and accordingly, after a certain period of time, the platform will cease to function normally.
- Use caution on these platforms with the .deb and .rpm extensions. It is possible to install virus programs through the files of these extensions, and as a result, the laptop or computer stops working forever.
- The root account is contrary to the security conditions of the Linux platform, respectively, this will lead to malfunctions in Ubuntu. In this case, you will have to download an additional paid software package.
- Setting up a network in linux mint also requires disabling some browser extensions, since they can affect the normal operation of a computer or laptop as a whole.
- In this platform, you can not use applications to clean the system. Otherwise, there may be a problem that server ubuntu does not see the Internet. As a result, it will be necessary to install the linkus again via the Internet, and as a bad side effect there will be a loss of important gadget data and a malfunction of the operating system.
- You cannot install other test software.
- You should not delete files included in standard documents and software applications of the link or ubuntu.
- Do not conduct any experiments with working gadgets.
As for the Internet setup, this process will be simple for professionals and medium in complexity for beginners. However, it should be understood that the Internet will be needed not only in connecting the platform itself, but also for subsequent downloads of the necessary programs.
There are 2 basic ways to connect to the network. About it below.
How to set up the Internet in Ubuntu
Anyone can set up a network connection.
First you need to know the parameters:
Moreover, the first 3 points are issued by the provider, but the latter can be any.
Further, the Internet connection technology will look as follows:
- Open the desktop.
- Find an icon showing all network connections. Right-click on it and select the "Change Connections ..." section.
- After the “Network Connections” window appears, select the type of connection. Select the desired connection, select it and select the “Change” section.
- In the window that appears, find the IPv4 Settings tab. In the list, select "Setup Method". Select the “Manual” section.
- Fill in the fields with data from the provider. Click the “Save” button.
- Through the desktop, click on the Internet connection icon, find the necessary network and click on the left mouse button.
If everything is done correctly, an Internet connection on the ubuntu platform will appear.
Configuration starts with the sudo pope command.
Further steps are quite simple:
- You need to choose a network adapter. The best option is etho.
- Then you need to authenticate by clicking on the appropriate section.
- Next, remove the pppoe parameter. Click on check the configuration file - pppoe-conf and confirm your actions by clicking on the "yes" button.
- The system will tell you about file changes. Click yes again.
- Then it is necessary to enter the login and password issued by the provider. Then they can be changed.
- Agree to automatically set DNS addresses.
- Agree to MM restriction
- Confirm your actions.
If everything is done correctly, then a wired Internet connection will be established.
For wireless networks, you will need to configure special devices - routers. They connect to laptops via cables. Settings occur the same way: you need to enter the router interface, enter data from the provider, save the changes and exit the interface.
Here we will talk about connecting to a wireless network.
In most cases, Internet connection is set up using Network Manager. When you turn it off, you can manually connect the necessary local network. This helps in solving global problems with the Linkus Mint platform, and also allows you to solve driver incompatibility problems with a specific local network.
Setting up such a connection is no different from the classical way of installing the Internet. True, you first need to disable the option to automatically connect to the network in the "General" tab.
There is another option for connecting to the Internet using a DSL modem.
There are also 2 options: either directly dig into the modem itself, or connect via a computer. The first method is convenient for using the network by different people. But the second method is convenient for parents whose children are sitting uncontrollably in the virtual world.
The first method looks more economical and simpler.
- Open a browser. Enter the modem address, username and password. The necessary parameters are indicated either on the modem itself or on a box from under this device.
- In the settings, change the mode from Bridge to PPPoE.
- Then enter new login and password parameters.
- Save settings.
- Reboot all devices.
An internet connection should appear. You can also set up Wi-Fi right there if the modem has the appropriate options.
The 2-way setup is even easier. Just set the Bridge mode. Then find the appropriate network connection icon and change the settings for a specific network. Save and restart your computer.